Prior to the wedding, I will organise lodgement of a Notice of Intended Marriage (to be completed no less than 1 month and 1 day prior to your wedding. Valid for 18 months).
Both partners will also need to sign a Declaration of Marriage Form, stating that there is
no legal obstruction to your marriage.

After your vows are spoken on the day, you will both sign your wedding certificate, record book and registry paper. (This will require two witnesses over the age of 18 to be present)

You will need to provide your celebrant with the following documentation:

Birth certificate (originals or extracts only)
Passport, if you are a citizen of a country other than Australia
A Decree Absolute, if you are divorced from a previous marriage
If either of you are under 18, your parent's consent & an order from a magistrate
If you are previously widowed, a death certificate
A statutory declaration if you were born overseas and have lost your documentation

louise robinsonhomeweddingsservicestestimonialsformalitiescontact





home | weddings | services | testimonials | more testimonials | formalities | location weddings | contact